RTP 2050: Moving South Jersey Forward
Whether you realize it or not, during the course of your day, you are on the move, dependent on the transportation network to get you where you need to go. Whether you go to school or work, go to a doctor’s appointment, go grocery shopping, or any other of a multitude of life activities, you will more than likely need a good transportation system to engage in this activity. Transportation is a vital component of daily life. Part of SJTPO’s role is to create an accessible and safe transportation system, while educating the region’s public about how much transportation matters. Let’s keep Moving South Jersey Forward!
Further, for the region to receive federal funding, there must be a long-range regional transportation plan in place. The plan details the ways the region aims to invest in the transportation system. It identifies the region’s long term needs and the policies, strategies, and projects that will address those needs. The current plan, RTP 2050, guides how over $5 billion in federal transportation funds will be spent in the region over the next 30 years.
A transportation system, based on regional collaboration that moves people and goods in a safe and efficient manner, inclusive of all modes and users.
Planning Strategies & Goals
Promote Accessibility and Mobility for the movement of People and Goods
Support the Regional Economy
Mitigate Traffic Congestion and Promote Efficient System Operation
Improve the Resiliency and Reliability of the transportation infrastructure
Protect and enhance the Environment and Complement Land Use Planning
Restore, Preserve, and Maintain the existing transportation system
Improve Transportation Safety
Enhance the Integration and Connectivity of the transportation system
Increase and enhance opportunities for Travel and Tourism
- RTP 2050 (Approved 1/25/2021)
- Appendix A – List of Acronyms
- Appendix B – Federal Requirements Checklist
- Appendix C – Demographic Forecast
- Appendix D – Relationship of Strategies and Goals
- Appendix E – CMP Activity Report
- Appendix F – Transportation Conformity
- Appendix G – CMAQ Performance Plan
- Appendix H – Questions, Comments, and Responses from RTP 2050
- RTP Executive Summary (English)
- RTP Executive Summary (Spanish)
- Transportation Matters (2016)
- Transportation Matters (Spanish Translation)
- Transportation Matters (Chinese Simplified Translation)
- Transportation Matters (Vietnamese Translation)
- 2040 Regional Transportation Plan (2012)
- 2035 Regional Transportation Plan (2008)
- 2025 Regional Transportation Plan (2004)
- 2018 Regional Transportation Plan (1998)
- 2015 Regional Transportation Plan (1995)
Need a Hard Copy of the RTP?
All draft and approved plans, studies, and records produced by SJTPO, including the RTP, are available online, at the SJTPO office, and at select libraries in the region, which make major government agency documents available for viewing by the region’s public at no cost.
If an individual is unable to view plans, studies, and records, including the RTP, on the SJTPO website, the SJTPO office, or at the select libraries in the SJTPO region, noncolor copies may be requested. Copy fees are $0.05 per letter page or $0.07 per legal page. The requested plans, studies, and records, including the RTP, may be picked up at the SJTPO office for no additional charge or mailed at the receiver’s expense. SJTPO may waive totals under $1.00. Printing and postage costs must be paid by the receiver before mailing. Checks or money orders must be made out to the South Jersey Transportation Authority (SJTA). Cash is not accepted.
Need the RTP Translated?
SJTPO works to accommodate all reasonable requests for translation services, including translating the RTP into an alternate language. Translation requests can be submitted through the form below, emailed to TitleVI@sjtpo.org, or by calling the SJTPO office at (856) 794-1941. Please allow at least seven days for SJTPO to process any requests.
Contact Us with Your RTP Comments
Please fill out the form below and we will be sure to get back to you as soon as possible.