The Public Involvement Plan (PIP)
The Public Involvement Plan (PIP) documents the rules SJTPO will follow and identifies methods that SJTPO will employ in its efforts to ensure that planning efforts include the public to the greatest degree reasonably possible.
In accordance with Federal guidance, the intent of the SJTPO is to have a meaningful, proactive public involvement process that provides complete and timely information to all segments of the population on key decisions. Furthermore, it supports early and continuing public involvement in the development of the Regional Transportation Plan (RTP), Transportation Improvement Program (TIP), Public Involvement Plan (PIP), and other major plans and programs. In addition, the SJTPO understands the inherent need to develop public understanding and support of its activities.
To accomplish this, the SJTPO will maintain public involvement procedures, consistent with Federal guidance, and in support of the following major goals:
- Increase and improve opportunities for public involvement.
- Increase the accessibility and transparency of information available to the public.
- Increase the efficiency of the public involvement process.
- Provide the public with more options and more education on how to get involved and be heard in the transportation planning process.
- Make better transportation decisions that meet the needs of all people.
- Enhance the environmental justice process.