- About SJTPO
- Career Opportunities
Check for Current Career Opportunities at SJTPO
Current Career Opportunities
SJTPO is seeking an experienced professional for a full-time position that will be responsible for the following program areas; management and development of SJTPO’s Transportation Improvement Program (TIP); management of local project development efforts within SJTPO; management and oversight of congestion management and relief planning efforts; management and oversight of SJTPO’s Intelligent Transportation Systems Planning efforts; as well as management and oversight of consultant-led technical studies.
The salary range is $80,000 to $90,000 (Range 8) depending on qualifications and experience. Employees may be eligible for merit increases each year upon receipt of a satisfactory performance evaluation.
SJTPO offers a full benefits package as described below.
Benefits for full-time employees
SJTPO offers employees a generous benefits package, administered through the South Jersey Transportation Authority (SJTA), which serves as the host agency of SJTPO. The benefits package includes the following:
- Enrollment or transfer into the New Jersey Public Employees’ Retirement System (NJ PERS), which provides a defined benefit (pension) system, and the New Jersey State Health Benefits Program (NJ SHBP)
- Wide range of health insurance plan options (PPO, HMO, and High Deductible Plans), all of which include health, medical and prescription coverage with varying levels of premium cost-sharing by the employee. Dental and vision plans are provided at no cost to employees
- Generous paid time off, including:
- annual vacation leave beginning with twelve (12) working days, with vacation “cash-in” permissible
- fifteen (15) paid holidays
- fifteen (15) paid sick days, with unused time accumulating from year to year without limit
- three (3) paid administrative days each calendar year
- 40-hour work week, inclusive of a one (1) hour paid lunch each day
- Reimbursement for work-related mileage and time
- Disability and life insurance plans
- Tax-free deferred compensation options
- Flexible spending accounts for health and dependent care costs
- Eligibility for membership with the South Jersey Federal Credit Union
- Professional development and educational opportunities, including tuition assistance
- Participant of the State of New Jersey Telework Pilot Program, which currently allows SJTPO staff to work from home sixteen (16) hours per week. Continuation of this program after June 30, 2023, is contingent on guidance from the State of New Jersey
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)
SJTPO is an equal opportunity employer and encourages and supports diversity in the workplace. The policy of SJTPO is that all employees will be treated equally without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, domestic partner status, familial status, domestic partnership status, affectional or sexual orientation, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, genetic information, veteran status, disability or handicap, or for any other reason prohibited by law. Such employment action includes, but is not limited to the following: employment, promotion, demotion, transfers, layoffs and termination, recruitment and selection for training, and all SJTPO-sponsored social and recreational programs.
Decisions on employment are made on the basis of the qualifications of the individual for the particular position being filled.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States according to the Department of Homeland Security, United States Citizenship, and Immigration Services regulations. The SJTPO does not provide sponsorship or accept student OPT/CPT programs, F1 or H1B work authorization visas. Please note that applicants may be required to submit to a physical and/or drug test, and fingerprinting.