SJTPO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
There are no employment opportunities with SJTPO available at this time.
Please note that any successful applicant must be able to provide evidence of his or her ability to work in the United States, and that where appropriate for the position, applicants may be required to submit tests and/or examinations, which are related to the job for which the application is made. Where appropriate for the requirements of the position, these tests will include a physical and/or drug test, and fingerprinting.
Principal Planner for the Department of Planning, Cumberland County
This employment opportunity is with one of SJTPO’s planning partners. Please do not contact SJTPO regarding this opportunity.
Provisional, pending Civil Service Procedures
Starting salary: $46,177 – $53,071
New Jersey Civil Services Job Specification 16491
Under direction of a supervisor:
- Participates in the development of a master, functional, or project plan intended primarily to guide government policy for the assurance of orderly and coordinated development of county land areas or portions thereof
- Supervises staff and work activities
- Conducts studies and surveys involving highly complex technical aspects of the planning field, including existing and future land uses, resources and resource needs, utilities and transportation uses
- Analyses land development whether proposals submitted for review and approval, and determine whether proposals comply with state, county, and municipal plans, regulations, and rules
- Conducts field inspection of land development proposals to assess existing conditions of the area
- Conducts meetings with the general public and government officials to resolve conflicting issues
- Other related duties as required (See New Jersey Civil Service Job Specification 16491 for additional job duties related to this position.)
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree including or supplemented by 21 semester hour credits in professional planning subjects. * Three (3) years of professional experience in municipal, county, regional, or state planning. ** Ability to read, write, speak, understand, or communicate in English sufficiently to perform the duties of this position. Possession of a valid New Jersey driver’s license. GIS and graphics capabilities are a plus. Bilingual preferred.
*Possession of a current and valid license as a Professional Planner issued by the NJ Board of Professional Planners OR current and valid credential as a Certified Planner issued by the American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) may be substituted for the educational requirement.
**Possession of a Master’s degree in Planning from an accredited college or university may be substituted for one (1) year of indicated experience.
35 hours per week, Monday through Friday.
Offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of physical fitness screenings and criminal background checks.
Application Deadline: September 30, 2020. Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names of three professional references to:
Brittany Wiita, Confidential Assistant
Department of Personnel
Brittanywi@co.cumberland.nj.us or fax to 856-453-0361
The County of Cumberland is an Equal Opportunity Employer striving for diversity in the workplace.